Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Some Science-Fiction to Brighten (Blind) Your Day

Nothing helps you hide
like glow-in-the-dark eyes.
Just a quickie random bit of science-fiction imagery to break things up a bit.

This actually is character / environment I used to draw a lot in secondary school, thinking it was something I could turn into a fully fledged fictional world. While I did wring some ideas out of it what I think are quite good for other potential projects, it was a case of coming up with a "world" before a story, which will almost never work.

Then again, I was 16 at the time, so I don't think I quite grasped that difficulty.

The world in question revolved around a giant city that had expanded upwards to the point where roads and footpaths were all essentially "skyways"between high-rise buildings, glass half-cylinders lit by yellow ribs of light, creating a mix between a cathedral nave and a hamster tube. And of course it being a world devised by a 16 year old boy, it was a society policed by an oppressive corps of quasi-fascistic super soldiers, hiding behind impassive glowing red eyes.

No comments: